Happy DIY Friday! We love the idea of a sweet flower girl with a pomander! We loved the idea of using crepe paper streamers for roses. It is definitely a fun twist on fresh flowers! They could be used in place of globes and could be all sizes and colors!
All you need is:
– Glue gun and sticks
– crepe paper streamers (3-4 packs, get extra!)
– styrofoam ball form (we used 6 inch)
Cut crepe paper into 24 inch strips. You are going to need a LOT!
Crumple the strips up. This is the fun part!
Now you are going to roll each strip into a rose. We rolled the first few inches into the center of the bud and put on some glue.
Begin to twist around and form the outside petals. We added some glue wherever it seemed loose.
This takes practice and doesn’t need to be perfect! Even the messier ones will look good. Play around with the different size buds and petals. Place a dollop of glue on the styrofoam ball and place the roses on glue.
Press firmly on the flowers. Secure loose flowers with push pins, if necessary.
When you are ready, pin on the ribbon.
Keep gluing the flowers until you are full! These are great for flower girls or for hanging decor!
Happy DIY Friday!
So perhaps you are one of the many couples who could not imagine having a “traditional” bachelor/bachelorette party. In other words, a night out drinking and partying with, well, unexpected guests, isn’t your cup of tea. The following ideas can be fun alternatives for your girls, his guys, or even the entire bridal party.
– Make your own chocolates class with wine pairing. All your guests get to take home truffles as their gift! Search for local chocolate shops to find a class.
– BYOB painting class – sign your group up for a general class or book one privately. You could have everyone sign your personal masterpiece as a keepsake.
– A visit to NC Wine Country, complete with a stay in a Bed & Breakfast…book an entire house (it’s cheaper than you think)and a guided tour option that includes transportation to the different wineries.
– Brewery tours. Microbrews are more popular than ever so why not tour the facility, and taste your local brewery’s finest.
– Paint ball – this is a great Guys vs. Girls outing. Just be sure you do this early enough that any bruises that may be inflicted have faded before the wedding. Those paint balls hurt!
– Food tours. Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Durham…most towns have one. This is a really cool way to get to know the restaurants and Chefs in your area while hanging out with your friends.
– Volunteer together! What a great way to give back – do Relay for Life, help play with animals at the shelter, build a home, feed the homeless, whatever cause you’d like to support can benefit from your group’s participation.
Hope these ideas get you thinking outside of the norm for your bachelorette or bachelor party!
I think the gown is so breathtaking and so classic! This elegant dress in the Equuleus gown from the designer Jorge Manuel’s Nebula Collection 2011.
This is a real bride wearing it. Thank you for 13:13 for these images!
Happy Tuesday Shoesday!!
I love a pretty flower accent! So I had to choose these Vera Wang Lavender ‘Savy” Sandal for today! They are perfect for a bride or bridesmaids! What about being paired with this J.Crew dress, Rose Quartz Earrings, Pink Clutch?
Did I mention they come in Tangerine?
Happy DIY Friday! Spring is in the air and with that comes some beautiful flowers! We love picking fresh flowers to arrange around our home! It”s easy to make them look great! There is just something about fresh flowers in your home to make your feel special! We made a simple arrangement using tape.
All you need is:
-A vase with smooth edges
-Flowers and water!
-tape (we used white floral tape but you could use any color or scotch tape)
Start taping a grid in the size you want.
We used a 3X6 grid but it all depends on the size of your vase and flowers.
Fill the vase with water.
Next, start cutting your flowers to the desired length.
And start As you may have learned several answers above, your computer sees the area occupied by a deleted file as free space, allowing other data recovery services to be written there. arranging!
Keep going until it looks the way you want it and you are ready to enjoy!
Happy DIY Friday!
This simple tip can make a big difference: make sure you take care of your vendors! With all your guests and family and bridal party and so on to worry about, it’s easy to forget about your vendors the day of the wedding. However, I learned a long time ago that if your vendors are happy, it will show (and if they aren’t, that will show as well)! This mainly applies to your musicians/DJ, wedding planner and the photographer – and they are easy to please, so take a moment and make sure you:
– Arrange for them to have a nice meal. Your caterer may have a less expensive option that they can offer. But if you can afford it, feed them what you are feeding your guests. Take it a step further by telling them when would be a good time for them to plan to eat and let them know you’ve got them taken care of. They will love you for it!
– Send them a list of all the other vendors you’ve hired. This is something your planner will do if you have one but if not, be sure to send one yourself. These folks like to network and knowing who they will be seeing the day of your wedding is important.
– Did they do a good job? Send them a thank you note and offer to be a reference.
And that’s how easy it is. I can guarantee if you follow this advice, they will be much more likely to honor your request to “Please stay for just another 30 minutes!” or just about any request at all. Remember, happy vendors equal happy weddings.
Thank you Jason Dail for this gorgeous photo!
Erin McLean Events is extremely proud and honored to be teaming up with Tre Bella, Inc and Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club for their 4th annual Altar Ego Event, an event all about you! Come out and join us for this fun evening of fashion, table top designs, food, music, and swing dancing. Bring your bridesmaids and Wondering how health affordablehealth.info works? You pay a premium for every month you have coverage. your mom and make a night of it! There will be raffles and a silent auction to benefit Girls on the Run of the Triangle.
Tickets can be purchased from us for $35 or one lucky winner can win 2 tickets! Just comment on this post, or on our facebook wall. Good luck!
Happy Wedding Gown Wednesday! I hope you are all having a wonderful week! I have been meeting and planning with some fantastic brides!
How insane is this St. Pucchi gown? I love the over the top drama! They pair beautifully with these Badgley Mischka shoes.
I am looking for a new pair of wedges and I am digging these Tommy Hilfigers. I paired it with a Tory Burch bag and bracelets, paired with this Nanette Lepore dress.